Thursday, September 11, 2008

Your Dreams Can Come True Electronically!!!

It is so fan-freaking-tastic how internet is shaping our world in a way that opens more and more opportunities for all…

And I am not talking about social development and blah, blah, blah

I am talking about young common people with talent; I am talking about young people with ideas, with determination; I am talking about driven young people…

Since I started working in Lisbon creating this global online tourism venture I have been discovered more, and more, and more young people that have made their way through by using internet and their network of friends as their main tool to achieve their dreams.

I have posted before about some of them…

Take a look at Kyle and his red paper clip; or Matt and his Tribe or his Nerve TV; or even at Sunshine Megatron and his Tees’ companies Hell T-Shirt and Torso Pants, or his memorable give me a name. Examples are countless, these are just some of my favorites...


For a while now, I have been watching on Portuguese TV a commercial of an Internet provider company called ZONE [see video bellow or in the url]. This add attracted me mainly because of the soundtrack.

In the add there is a young female singer singing on the street and collecting some coins, then using the coins to get her connection and share her music over the web. A pretty dramatic approach. The funniest part is that at the beginning of the add [note that] there is a subtitle that translates "Ana Free, A True Story".



Well, maybe the story is not exactly as it is shown in the add, 
but it is true!

Today one of my colleagues at the office [thanks Edu] introduced me to the music and story of Ana Free. A portuguese girl that attended an International School in Cascais (near Lisbon) and then went to UK for University.

She posted her first video online in youtube in January 07, 2007; and today she is the #57 - Most Subscribed (All Time) - Musicians in Youtube!
Today she is selling out in bars and concert halls in Lisbon.

Here you have "Chained", her most viewed video in youtube [url].



Hope can not help me
weak since you've left me alone
and theres nothing here for me
searching for something to hold on
this place could always
make me feel alright and all wrong
but theres nothing here for me
you dont adore me
your gone

and I guess anyway it was wrong
its too good to be true
its just too much for you
scared by the love thats too strong

I dont regret you
I still can't forget you
chained to a memory
run from my enemies
hiding myself in the dark

Leaving the world
step into the unkown to be free
and the memories fade of a world that we made in history
and I dont deserve all the reasons I heard
when you turned away
but you misunderstand

I wont cry for you and you should
hear me say
That I guess anyway it was wrong
its too good to be true
its just too much for you
scared by the love thats too strong

No I dont regret you
I still can't forget you
chained to a memory
run from my enemies
hiding myself in the dark
I am chained to a memory
run from my enemies
hiding myself in the dark
baby I am chained to a memory

I'm chained to a memory
hiding myself in the dark
hiding myself in the dark
hiding myself in the dark

hope can not help me
weak since you've left me alone


Another story of dreams that come true!
Today she has already recorded her first single (In My Place) and it is selling it in iTunes!
At the same time she has finished university and is working in her first album.
I strongly advice you to check her channel in Youtube and subscribe if you like the music, she is constantly updating with new videos and songs.

Here you have her performing "In My Place" live with Dj D [url]. And after you have the same song "solo" on National TV in Portugal, also live [url].


 


Don’t run away
If you know that you’ve got what it takes
Don’t shy away (No, no)
Sleep now
Dream here
And hopefully the night will ease your fears

Hey
There will be tears to shed again
Time to begin
And time to end
Baby and you say I’ll be sad
But that depends

Come on recognise me
I know that you know my face
Weren’t you’re the one who told me once you would be there
And every time I try to walk away
You keep me in my place
I try to break away but I’m much too much too scared
Try to break away but I’m much too much too scared

And you think of your chance
Cuz life will grant you one and that’s your last
Hey
Baby, don’t think too fast
No, no
You can’t have mine
All I do is move you round in time
Baby, there will be nights to sleep alone?
Time to fight, and time to grow
Baby and you say I’ll be sad
But you don’t know
You don’t know


Finally, check this video out as well... [url]
Here she performs with her friend Mia Rose with whom she used to have a band, and who is also a big success in youtube!
The song is Seen Your Face, it has the lyrics in the video.
Enjoy, it is very catchy!



Summarizing this LOOOOONG post:
No recording companies, no marketing agencies, no PR agents...
Just Internet, Youtube, Friends, Networks, Facebook...
Just ideas, cool ideas, crazy ideas, talent and guts!
This is how we can make a difference as well, by supporting these courageous great young people... 

This is shaping a new order in everything we know so far... 
Just think about it a bit and imagine these trends growing... 
Then imagine the world in 15 years from now, in 20!!!...
WoW!!!

This is inspiring me more and more...
I have a pop corn that needs to go out of my head.
You will be hearing from me and my new blog soon!
Very soon...

It will be a smashing unexpected sexy shit!
Some will like it.
Some will hate it.
I don't care, I just care that people will talk about it and will go there check it out!
 
Ate Ja!

PS: Now I am also in Twitter, follow me there

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: