Thursday, April 24, 2008

Are you scared to fall in love?

10 good ways to safely fall in love again and again, and again... and again!

Well, yes, you know it is true, you know you are scared to fall in love… So do I; well, from time to time…

But falling in love is not about a relationship, it is not about loving, it is more about that special ‘you’ that you become when the flirting is happening… That usually gets lost later on… So you can fall in love many, many, many times! Cool, isn’t?!

Point being that I found myself tired of fooling around, as many of you may find yourselves. So in August 2007 I decided not to have sex anymore until I do not feel it is coming along due to some sort of shared feelings, more than just the pure pleasure of the physical fact. How is this connected with the random 10 safe ways to fall in love?

Well, this week, I went out in a ‘date’ that was not a ‘date’. No high expectations, you know, to avoid disappointments… However, the ‘meeting’ ended up being really cool, I had a lot of fun and I kiss as if for the first time… High school type of kiss… Yes, I know you may say ‘cheesy* and boring’. I don’t care.
It was just perfect!

As part of our flirting game, he has complained that I have not written anything about it in my blog… (yes, he reads my blog) so here it is, with dedicated song and everything, aughhhhh, definitely cheesy*!

So I want to share with you my 10 commandments to continuously fall in love, you know, because I care for your emotional stability; and because I want to send him a message as well…

The Ten Commandments are, in no order of importance…



1. Let yourself go with the flow.

2. Once you feel the flow is starting to take over your sense of direction, let yourself go with the flow.

3. When you are starting to think too much. Focus very carefully and stop it! Remember that you have to let yourself go with the flow.

4. When you are starting to create monsters in your head. Let the monsters be taken away by the same flow… It is a very helpful flow.

5. When you are starting to grow expectations, let the expectations be taken away by the flow… I told you the flow is a cool friend.

6. When you are starting to picture future, let the flow bring you the taste of the moments together and concentrate in those, there may be no ‘future’; but we all know that the flowers in the threes come from the roots underneath.

7. When missing the person after just one meeting. Let the flow smash you against a rock in the river; wake up and smell the coffee! You are missing how special you felt when with that person, focus on that.

8. When you are starting to sigh too much, or too often – which is not the same thing – let the flow bring some water into your lungs and bring you back to earth… You are dreaming too much. Focus! Love does not live in dreams, or you want to kiss and hug in your dreams?

9. When planning the second date. Do not plan anything; let the flow take the things as they are supposed to. However, make yourself available!

10. When seeing the object of your new affection again… Let the flow take over yourself and throw your arms around him!


* This is an important word and nobody has it right yet.
What it means is:
Trying too hard, unsubtle, and inauthentic.
Specifically that which is unsubtle or inauthentic in its way of trying to elicit a certain response from a viewer, listener, audience, etc.
Celine Dion is cheesy because her lyrics, timbre, key changes, and swelling orchestral accompaniment telegraph 'i want you to be moved' instead of moving you.
Gold chains on an exposed hairy chest are cheesy because they shout out: "I have money and I am manly" instead of impressing a woman in a more subtle way, or allowing a woman to form her own judgments. The excessive showing off suggests he's compensating for what he does not have--i.e., he's actually poor, insecure, or short with an inferiority complex.
Cliches are often cheesy because they are an obvious and artless way of making a point.
A movie might be cheesy if it contains 'on the nose' dialogue, like "I can't live without you" or "You had me at hello."

Cheesiness is subjective. What seems cheesy to me, may be a legitimate and attractive hairstyle to you. What seems cheesy to me, may cause you to weep and hug your girlfriend tight.

Taken from redhen.
Thanks for the tip, even if I like Celine! Maybe I am really, eally cheesy... Who knows... Who cares?...

Well and here you have the song that gives sense to the 10 commandments!



Throw your arms around me Lyrics

I will come to you in the daytime
I will raise you from your sleep
I will kiss you in four places
As I go runnin' down your street

I will squeeze the life right out of you
I will make you laugh, and make you cry
And we may never forget it
As I make you call my name as you shout it to the blue, summer sky

And we may never meet again
So shed your skin lets get started
And you will throw your arms around me
And you will throw your arms around me

I will come to you at nightime
I will climb into your bed
I will kiss you in 195 places
As I go swim around in your head

I will squeeze the life right out of you
I will make you laugh, I'll make you cry
And we may never forget it
As I make you call my name as you shout it to the blue, summer sky

And we may never meet again
So shed your skin lets get started
And you will throw your arms around me
And you will throw your arms around me

Ohh yeah, uh huh, uh huh...
Ohh yeah, uh hum, ooh...
Ohh yeah, uh huh, uh huh...
Oh...and you will throw your arms around me...

Sphere: Related Content

3 comments:

Dey Dos said...

So, a friend of mine wrote the following in my facebook wall:

"Hola! I like your blog, esp the last post.. the 10 commandments :) hehe
true true true
Hugs from Copenhagen."

So, I thought...
Let's get people to share their agreement or disagreement with the 10 commandments!

What do you think?
Will they work?
Or are they just bullstuff ;)

Any experiences I must know about? Will be awesome to also receive some advise you know...

M said...

Hahahaha me hace recordar todas nuestras platicas en Hofdijk. Te acuerdas como lloraba por el hungaro aquel? Bueno, pues al menos aprendi y con el siguiente (el irlandes) las cosas tuvieron mucha mas sustancia, aunque si es una pena que no funcionaron las cosas. Asi es la vida! Te extrano y nuestras platicas. Ojala nos veamos pronto! Maria

Dey Dos said...

Amor, nos veremos pronto en Bruselas y nos sentaremos a discutir estas cosas otra vez y otra vez y otra vez...

Beso